Your mouth might have drooped after seeing this Tex-Mex Meatball. After taking and tasting 1 bite of your favorite Tex-Mex Meatballs, you will know why this is a favorite food recipe.
The presence of flavorful chipotle peppers and sticky cheesy goodness, then combined with typical Tex-Mex ingredients give this food a distinctive aroma. Tex-Mex meatballs are very easy to make and even easier to eat!
Many culinary lovers and home cooks around the world are still amazed by its delicacy.
- YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
- COOK TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 c. grated Mexican cheese mixture, divided
- 1/2 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cut parsley, added for garnish
- 1 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon. cumin smooth
- 1 large egg
- Halal salt
- 1 teaspoon. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped chili chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 ounce (15 ounces) can be crushed tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, parsley, 1 cup of cheese, breadcrumbs, jalapenos, eggs, garlic, and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed, then form into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add meatballs in one layer and burn for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Then add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, for 5 minutes. Stir the crushed tomatoes and chipotle in adobo and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the meatballs to the pan. Cover and simmer until the meatballs are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, then cover with a lid to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.