Of course it tastes good, but it might not be included in the list of healthy and nutritious recipes, especially when you try to eat healthy! However, you can satisfy your desire for this classic Tex-Mex snack without worrying about your waist circumference by adding paprika to regular tortilla chips. The recipe for Bell Pepper Nacho Boats requires delicious ingredients, such as lean meat, savory seasonings, juicy salsa, and melted cheddar cheese.
Embed This Delicious Nacho Boat Recipe Now
Instead of soaping this mixture with carbohydrate-laden chips, just put a healthy combination of flavors and textures into a nutrient-rich pepper ship! So eat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound of lean turkey
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon halal or sea salt
- 3/4 cup of salsa, no sugar added
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, reduce fat
- 3 paprika
- The first step is removing seeds, cores, and membranes from paprika then slicing each into 6 parts where they descend. Then set aside the sliced peppers.
- Cook the ground turkey on medium-high coals, breaking up while cooking. Cook until the turkey loses pink and ripe. Drain the fat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix turkey cooked with spices and salsa. Flatten the mixture to the pepper ship, smooth it with cheese.
- Bake on a parchment-coated pan for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the hot peppers. Optional ingredients: Jalepeno pepper slices, diced avocado, fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream, or sliced green onions.
- NOTE: If you prefer softer paprika, add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of a large casserole plate, add the filled nacho, cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes