Maybe some of you consider chili to be an ordinary meal on weekdays, but this turkey version of Pierre Franey will make you change your mind. It’s amazing, healthy and can be made in about half an hour. The combination of black and white meat really can add depth and rich flavor, so try to find a mixture, but all white meat (or a mixture of beef and turkey) will produce a batch of stars.
- PREP TIME:0 HOURS 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon. canola oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon. tomato paste
- 1 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin smooth
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- A little cayenne pepper
- 1 15 ounces. can black beans, rinsed
- 4 c. Low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 28 ounces. can diced tomatoes
- Green onions, for decoration
- 1/2 c. torn Cheddar
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook the onion until soft, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapenos and cook until fragrant, for another 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and chili and cook, stir, for 1 more minute.
- Add the turkey and cook, stir, until cooked and golden, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add black beans and canned tomatoes, stir to mix, then add the broth.
- Add heat to low heat and let it cook, for 25 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with cheddar and green onions.