We have some beautiful bends on the Shepherd’s Pie on the site, but we are missing a definite version of this classic family recipe – here it is!
This Shepherd’s Pie is a beef, carrot, and potato-coated casserole.
- YIELDS: 7 SERVING
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 25 MINS
- Halal salt
- 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. milk
FOR MIXED BEE
- 1 large, chopped
- 1 teaspoon. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon. fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon. freshly cut parsley, for garnish
- 2/3 c. Low-sodium chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 °. Making mashed potatoes: In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and add a little salt. Bring to a boil and cook until completely tender, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- Use mashed potatoes for mashed potatoes until smooth. Add melted butter, milk and sour cream. Blend to a full, then season with salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Make beef mixture: In a large skillet that holds the oven on medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, carrots, garlic, and thyme and cook until fragrant and tender, for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, for another 5 minutes. Drain the fat.
- Stir in the frozen peas and corn and cook until cooked, for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the meat with flour and stir it evenly. Cook for 1 more minute and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let the mixture thicken slightly, for 5 minutes.
- Mix beef with a layer of mashed and mashed potatoes until there is a little noticeable liquid and mashed potatoes golden, about for 20 minutes. Bake if desired.
- Garnish with parsley before serving with family.