Homemade scallops that taste very soft and cheese made from chicken and broccoli. Many people feel like this easy weekday dinner!
We present some good things, mac and cheese today! Only this version feels more mature than the Spongebob-shaped items my kids are trying to tuck in the shopping basket. I have complemented the dish with the help of soft chicken and fresh broccoli to make it a complete meal versus just a side dish, and I promise you … there will be no leftovers!
Start by boiling your pasta … I like to use classic shells for me, but go crazy with whatever shape you like! During the last few minutes of cooking time, stir the chopped broccoli into boiling water.
While pasta and vegetables do their job, prepare a quick and easy cheese sauce. Gosh, is there anything prettier than a bright yellow, super melty cheddar cheese sauce? Mmm Mmmmm. This might look like a processed cheese item in a box you got from a store, but it’s not! This kindness is homemade and around 1000x better. Butter, flour, milk, chicken broth, cheddar cheese, and a little seasoning turn into liquid gold right before your eyes.
After the pasta is finished cooking and drying and the cheese sauce is finished, it is time to mix it all up. Wait … where does the chicken come to play ?? I don’t know about you, but on a busy night when I can barely eat on the table before it’s time to fly out to a baseball game or soccer practice, I don’t have time to mess around with raw chicken. Maybe I’m really weird, but it seems to dirty the cutting board with raw meat and cook it too much effort every night. #lazy
This saves a lot of time and effort, which is something I’m sure you all can appreciate.
Very soft homemade scallops and cheese made from chicken and broccoli. Everyone loves this easy weekday dinner!
- 8 ounces of medium skin paste
- 3 cups of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (see recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sharp, grated cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Add broccoli for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Then melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Also add flour and cook, stir, for 1 minute. Then shake gently in the milk and chicken stock and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbling and thickened. Remove from the heat and add cheddar cheese. Stir until it melts.
- Also add the dried pasta, broccoli, and chicken, then stir until smooth. If the sauce becomes too thick, add milk as needed to thin it.