This recipe is full of savory and fresh, healthy and easy to eat spices that will make you and your family full without having to burden you. Want to pair up with a salad? Try one of these beautiful beet salads or one of these spinach salad recipes.
Fresh and light, a tart orange salad, avocado cream, and spicy roasted shrimp make a satisfying meal on a hot day.
- YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 0 hours 25 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 30 minutes
- 12 ounces of peeled deveined shrimp (16 to 20 counts)
- 2 grapefruit Ruby Red or Rio Star
- 1 1/2 tablespoons. minced fresh ginger peel
- 2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Fresh mint leaves are packed
- 1 teaspoon. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 rolls of wheat meal
- 1 butter head lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Of lime, grate 1/4 teaspoon of skin; squeeze 1/4 cup of juice. Set the skin aside. In a 1 liter pan, heat the ginger, sugar and lime juice to a boil while stirring. Remove from the heat and let stand.
- With a knife, cut the skin and white pith from grapefruit; discarded. Hold grapefruit, 1 at a time, on a medium bowl, cut the part between the membranes. Squeeze the membrane to release the remaining juice into the bowl. Remove seeds. Thinly slice half mint.
- Preheat the grill pan or prepare an outdoor grill to bake directly at medium-high temperatures.
- Apply oil to all shrimp. Sprinkle with mint slices, lime skin, cayenne pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt throughout the shrimp. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp turn opaque, turning once.
- Pour the ginger mixture through a sieve over the grapefruit, press the ginger to extract the liquid. Stir well.
- Divide lettuce and mint leaves between 4 plates. Sprinkle with shrimp, avocado, and grapefruit mixture. Serve with bread rolls.