Sandwiches filled with runny skewers marinated in Italian sauce are famous in Central New York State; because this food is delicious enough to be served directly, but we will not stop you from putting it on soft Italian bread.
Spicy Italian style chicken skewers are made with roasted peppers, fresh herbs, and served with Sutter Home Moscato wine! Soak the chicken in a quick savory mixture of tomato paste, lots of garlic, olive oil, and fresh parsley for a perfect accompaniment to toast.
- YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, large diced
- halal salt
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon. chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1 baguette of French bread, diced
- 8 skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- First season the chicken with pepper and salt. Make a marinade: combine olive oil, tomato paste, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley into a large bowl. Add chicken and then stir until completely coated until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Chicken skewers and bread. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, rotate occasionally, until the chicken is cooked and the bread is slightly charred, for about 10 minutes.
- For serving decoration with Parsley.