Use fast-food ramen ingredients and chicken broth commonly bought in stores to get a classic Chinese-restaurant rendition on the table in an instant. Fortune cookies optional.
- PREP TIME:0 hours 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME:0 hours 25 mins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 packs of ramen noodles
- 10 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, crumble slightly
- 1 teaspoon. soy sauce
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon. Sesame oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6 small scallions
- In a large saucepan over high heat, boil 6 cups of salt water. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and set aside. Rinse the pot.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Add carrots and all but 2 tablespoons of chives, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove ginger and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sesame oil and salt. Stir the broth gently, then pour the seasoned eggs into the pan. Let it sit uninterrupted until the eggs are cooked, 40 to 60 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon to break the egg. Return the noodles to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Divide the soup between 6 bowls and garnish with the remaining leeks. Serve immediately.