Who doesn’t love tacos? Tacos are delicious, but it’s not exactly the most keto friendly dish out there. But no worries because there are many keto recipes ground beef taco available!
Many ingredients used to make taco fillings are usually keto such as avocado, lettuce, salsa, and tomatoes. It’s only the taco shell that might pose a bit of a problem. However, there are many keto friendly tortilla options out there.
But why not take the game to a whole new level? Make a taco with avocado as the shell, not the filling. Here is an easy and fast way to make this funky keto recipes ground beef taco alternative.
Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados
- Makes: 4 to 8 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 ripe avocados
- Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Cut avocados into half and pit them.
- Create a deeper well in the middle of the avocado by scooping out a bit of avocado with a spoon.
- Dice the removed avocado. Set aside.
- Squeeze lime juice over the avocados.
- Set a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Heat oil.
- Cook onion until soft (takes approximately 5 minutes).
- Mix in ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning.
- Break up meat with a spoon and mix with taco seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Remove beef from heat. Drain the fat.
- Fill avocado cuts with beef.
- Add the remaining avocado, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Enjoy the keto recipes ground beef!