I have always loved my traditional Cajun Jambalaya food without heat. Everyone likes this recipe and I hope you will do it. Enjoy! You can serve this in less than 30 minutes!
This Cajun Jambalaya Pasta recipe is easily made with cajun spices that have been made before, but I use my own version that I detailed below. Want to feel something with a little spicy kick? Add two to three times as much cayenne pepper.
- YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 1 teaspoon. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Halal salt
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon. dried oregano
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 “
- 6 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 c. Low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 c. long grain rice
- 1 (15 ounces) tomatoes can be crushed
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound of medium shrimp, peeled and distributed
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-sized fire. Then add the peppers and onions, season with pepper and salt. Cook until soft, around 5 minutes more, then stir the chicken and season with oregano, pepper, and salt. Cook until the chicken turns golden, for about 5 minutes, then add the garlic, andouille sausage, and tomato paste and cook until it smells good, for about another minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, and Old Bay. Reduce the heat to medium size, cover with the right lid, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost absorbed, for about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until the color turns pink, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the green onions first before serving, so they are more delicious.