Roasted pecans add an unexpected warmth and crispness to this creamy pasta dish. So it will make people who eat it addicted.
- PREP TIME:0 hours 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME:0 hours 20 mins
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- Halal salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 ounces of Parmesan
- 4 ounces of mascarpone or cream cheese
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- c. chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 lb. farfalle
- 1/4 tsp. flakes of red peppers
- Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water until soft, 5 minutes; Lift to the bowl with a slotted spoon. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to the package instructions; drain.
- Process basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, red pepper, and parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped. Add broccoli and pulse until it is roughly chopped, 4 to 6 times. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir the pesto and mascarpone broccoli into the paste until well coated; fold the chicken.