Soft spinach cream meets chicken and is served with this cozy classic. Make this chicken breast with soft spinach sauce on your iron skillet and serve it for a family dinner at night. This chicken breast with creamy spinach sauce is ideal for weekday dinners, but is quite special to be accompanied.
- YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Halal salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 c. thick cream
- 10 ounces of young spinach
- 3/4 c. Low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 1 c. grated mozzarella
- Dry bread, to be served (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then season the chicken with salt, paprika and pepper and cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Then heat the remaining tablespoon oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add spinach, in batches, until wilted.
- Pour thick cream and chicken stock and simmer 3 minutes. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and stir until it melts, then return the chicken to the pan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve creamy spinach spooned over chicken with bread, if using.