This is indeed serious, happens every year. I think that this season is my favorite. I walk around saying that I really prefer summer and fall and maybe even the first few days of winter, but spring? not too much.
and then spring comes and the air feels like flowers, dirt, and rain, and I don’t have to wear a jacket and we can leave the window open at night and I remember that, yes, indeed! I actually like spring. Or rather I NEED Spring. Isn’t that a sweet drink for the soul?
That’s the situation of this Magic Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Food Preparation situation. This I say: I see you, hungry man with an empty refrigerator on a busy Monday (ugh, is Monday not that rough? Come on, live), and I acknowledge the fatigue that you bring, BUT YOU AND ME? WE CAN DO IT.
You can, you can, you can. This requires 45 minutes of rest, and you can feel very happy because it looks beautiful and tastes delicious, especially with large avocados and hummus. And then you can enjoy it 5x more in all different forms (cold salad! Warm vegetables / bowl of rice! Soup! Pasta! Tacos! Because I don’t know, maybe you like broccoli in your taco? Whatever) and appreciate all the delicious and nutritional nutrition the basics of take-back brought to your life.
By making ordinary food, feeding myself good food at the most basic level and not stressing everything else, this is what I am trying to do: I try to leave a little margin in my life for some above and beyond food inspiration. Go backward to go forward. This is me and maybe you are starting a fresh wave of fresh energy by just being very simple, completely stripped down, completely fundamental to ourselves.
Here’s the concept: Fill the sheet pan with good ingredients – vegetables, protein, etc. – stir with olive oil and salt and good spices, roast briefly, then put in a container for easy eating and lunch and eat all week.
Spicy Chicken and Magic Sweet Potato Food Preparation! 3 large pans + 45 minutes = healthy food for a week!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8
- 2 pounds. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of spicy mixture *
- a few tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5–6 cups of broccoli florets (FTW broccolini)
- coarse sea salt and fresh pepper
- avocado / hummus / lemon juice / leeks / olive oil to be served
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Celsius. Stir the pieces of chicken with spices and a quick flow of olive oil. Stir to combine ingredients; keep in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes when you prepare other ingredients.
- Arrange vegetables on their own sheet pans (preferably those that have edges to catch droplets, etc.). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange the chicken on a separate baking sheet.
- Bake all the ingredients for 12-15 minutes. Remove the broccoli and chicken. Then stir the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Done! Divide your portions into containers and be glad you have appetizers ready for this week! 😀