This has truly become one of the fastest and easiest dinners ever to be made at home. I have been craving meatloaf lately, but decided to just continue and cook all sides of my vegetables along with bread to make my whole dinner in one fell swoop.
The baking time varies on many factors, including the size and shape of your food, your oven’s temperament, or even the ingredients and color of your baking dish. So, spend some time baking me with a grain of salt.
If the vegetables are cooked before the meat, remove them earlier and return the bread to the oven until finished. If vegetables need more time and your minced meat is cooked, add the minced meat and return the vegetables to the oven. Use your senses and watch for maturity. And please use a thermometer to make sure your minced meat is cooked at a safe temperature, 160ºF.
Make an entire dinner for two at once with this quick and easy Sheet Meatloaf Sheet Pan BBQ Dinner. Perfect for meal preparation!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 2
- 1 sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 12 ounces of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt *
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/2 to 3/4 “cubes. Place the sweet potatoes and frozen broccoli florets (no need to thaw) on a large baking pan.
- Flush olive oil over sweet potatoes and broccoli florets. Sprinkle seasoning salt over sweet potatoes and season the broccoli florets with a little salt and pepper. Use your hands to throw vegetables until they are coated with oil and spices, store sweet potatoes on one side of the pan and broccoli on the other.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake the vegetables for 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasted, prepare meatloaves. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce, smoked peppers, garlic powder, and salt. Work the ingredients together with your hand or fork until everything is well mixed. Divide the meatloaf mixture into two and shape each half into a flat oval.
- After the vegetables are roasted for 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet and stir each vegetable. Push each one aside slightly to make room for minced meat. Place the shaped meatloaves in the middle and then spread 1 Tbsp of BBQ sauce on top of each bun.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake again for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160ºF. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, cook the meat and vegetables, and serve immediately while warm.